Massage Therapy #5473
OMTA & ABMP
President of the Oregon Massage Therapists Association
Please help keep
this site free.
Buy one of my books, on sale below.
All sales go to help support this website.
events have happened in Freeport and Stephenson County, Illinois,
and remarkable people have lived there. These are stories
gathered about people and events from 1835 through World War
by Robert Bike
The Bible mentions about 232 plants by name, or closely enough to figure out what plant is meant. Of these, 24 are aromatic plants; that is, parts of the plants can be pressed or distilled to get an essential oil. Essential oils are the lifeblood of plants and have tremendous healing capabilities.
healing power of plants is the basis for modern medicines.
Originally published in manuscript form in 1999, I completely revised the book and added illustrations.
order Biblical Aromatherapy in paperback,
List price $24.99; introductory offer $19.99
To order the pdf version and download to your computer or phone,
The electronic version is only $2.99!
Carlile, columnist for the Freeport (Illinois) Journal Standard,
featured this website in her column on January 19, 2007.
Life Purpose is to inspire my friends
Robert Bike, LMT, LLC
How much do you know about our fair city of Freeport, Illinois, and all the people who have lived here? Here are 20 questions.
1. For 3 points, name the Freeport athlete who won a gold medal in the Olympics. Bonus point, what year? Bonus point, what sport?
2. For 5 points, name the Freeporter who was elected Mayor of Freeport twice, and later served as the Governor of Colorado.
3. For 4 points, name the Pretzel who became a billionaire during the dot-com boom. Bonus point, what did he sell?
4. For 5 points, name the native Freeporter who wrote the book, The Process of Government, the seminal work of the Chicago Political Economy School.
5. For 5 points, name the Freeport native who was nominated for an Academy Award for his screenplay for The Jazz Singer.
6. Here's an easy one. For 5 points, what Stephenson County resident won the Nobel Peace Prize?
7. For 5 points, name the little Native American girl, who as an infant survived the massacre at Wounded Knee, and who spent much of her childhood at her Grandmother's home in Freeport.
8. Speaking of Native Americans, for 5 points, name the Chief of the band of natives whose village was along the Pecatonica River at the site where Freeport now stands.
9. For 5 points, name the Freeporter who played for the Harlem Globetrotters.
10. Speaking of sports, for 2 points, name the Freeport native who played in 5 Super Bowls for 3 different teams. Bonus points, name the 3 teams (1 point per team).
11. For 4 points, in what year did the Freeport High School football team win the National Championship? Bonus point, after winning the game, the team traveled to Washington, D. C., and met what president?
12. For 3 points, what Freeporter was awarded the Medal of Honor from the Civil War. For a 2-point bonus, name the Freeporter awarded the Medal of Honor from the Vietnam War.
13. For 5 points, name the Freeporter who was a Civil War general, and later became governor of Utah.
14. Another easy one. For 4 points, name the Freeporter who assassinated a President of the United States. Bonus point, name the President.
15. For 5 points, name the Freeporter who convinced world leaders to form the United Nations.
16. For 5 points, name the Freeporter who wrote a gossip column in Hollywood.
17. For 5 points, name the Freeporter who became a professor at Harvard University, and developed a theory on the frequency of words that is used by Google.
18. For 5 points, name the Freeporter who co-authored a book on African animals with Theodore Roosevelt, and went on an expedition to China with Roy Chapman, the real-life Indiana Jones.
19. For 5 points, name the man who retired to Freeport, who threw the pitch that Babe Ruth hit for his first Major League home run.
20. And finally, another easy one, for 4 points, name the Freeport dentist who donated & sold Globe Park to Freeport. Bonus point, name the park that was renamed after the dentist, and is a palindrome.
That's it. 20 questions. The answers are scattered throughout this website. With all the bonus points, it's possible to score 100 points. How did you do?
Here are the pages with the answers:
13. Dead & Buried
16. Born in Freeport
18. Born in Freeport
19. Dead & Buried